Rick Rein primarily concentrates his practice in multi-jurisdictional litigation, specifically in the recovery of foreign claims and assets.
Mr. Rein is well-regarded for his knowledge of international legal systems and frequently serves as special counsel to the financial services industry, corporations, attorneys, accounts, trustees, and high net worth individuals. He has handled complex international banking and fraud matters in more than 40 jurisdictions throughout North and South America, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, and Europe. In fact, Mr. Rein was the first U.S. attorney to employ the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty in Uruguay. He also was the first U.S. attorney to obtain Norwich Pharmacal relief in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Mr. Rein is a well sought after interview source on the topic of international asset recovery and is frequently called upon by the media. He has been interviewed by the Associated Press, Bloomberg News, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CNNMoney, First Business, and various industry trade publications), including The National Law Journal. He also has authored several articles about the nuances of international litigation for legal publications such as the New York Law Journal, Banking Law Journal, and Latin American Law and Business Report. Past speaking engagements include presentations to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Turnaround Management Association, International Bar Association, American Bar Association, and the Florida and New York Bar Associations. Mr. Rein is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.*
For more information about Horwood Marcus & Berk please click here.
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. - University of Miami, 1981
- B.A. - Washington University, 1978
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Chair, Banking & Lender Liability Subcommittee, Commercial & Business Litigation Committee of the ABA
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Risk Management Association
- Member, National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners